AGING AND LONG-TERM SUPPORT ADMINISTRATION
Training Requirements & Classes - Fingerprint Background Checks
With the implementation of Initiative 1163, all long term care (LTC) workers (both Medicaid AND private pay) hired on or after January 7, 2012 must have a fingerprint-based background check (background check).
DSHS must pay for background checks for all LTC workers.
The Background Check Process
The following are step-by-step background check procedures for:
- Adult Family Homes
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Home Care Agencies– Medicaid
- Home Care Agencies – Private pay
- Individual Providers - Non DDD
- Background Check Authorization Form
This form is also available in many different languages.
- Fingerprint Appointment Form Word | PDF
- Learn more about working with the:
- Interim Result Letter (WA State Name and Date of Birth results)
- Result Letter (WSP/FBI fingerprint results)
- Performing a Character, Competency and Suitability Review
- Background check process flowchart
- Background Check Central Unit (BCCU) website
BCCU processes background checks for DSHS programs.
- Find or verify your BCCU account number.
- See the current turn-a-round times for processing requests.
- MorphoTrust Website
MorphoTrust is the company that performs the electronic fingerprinting.
- Schedule the fingerprint appointment on-line